We’re on day 5 of our 13.1 Days of Running giveaway streak and this foam roller is one you won’t want to miss! Before you quickly scroll to the bottom of this post to enter to win, we did some research on why foam rolling is great for a runner’s muscle recovery.
Happy running & rolling!
How do foam rollers work?
- Foam rolling is also known as myofascial release, which is the application of pressure to eliminate scar-tissue and soft-tissue adhesion.
- As you roll over tight spots or trigger points, the muscles relax.
- For really tight spots, applying constant pressure might make a bigger difference than rolling on it.
- The textured foam rollers can apply an added bonus of acupuncture vs. the standard foam rollers.
What are the benefits of foam rolling?
- Taking time to roll tense muscles can help prevent cramps that come in the middle of the night, by releasing the lactic acid that builds up during a run.
- It also can increase blood circulation and improve recovery time.
Is it supposed to hurt?
- We like to say “it hurts so good” because let’s be honest—it isn’t going to feel amazing. However, you’ll know the feeling when that deep knot doesn’t hurt as bad the next day.
- For safety reasons, we strongly encourage you to avoid rolling on your lower back or directly on joints and bones.
- The spikes on this model from ProSource can provide a deep tissue massage where knots build up in places like quads and hamstrings that a standard foam roller may not be able to massage as well.
- The convenient two-in-one design gives you both a full-length roller, and a twist-apart option for two half-size rollers.
To enter to win a 2-in-1 Spike Massage Roller (pictured above), fill out this form:
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’ProSource Entry’][contact-field label=’First and last name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Twitter or Instagram username’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Tell us! How do you recover after a long run or race?’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Entries accepted until midnight on Wednesday, December 14. Winner will be notified via email. ProSource has requested an image of the winner with their prize after receiving it. All entrants will be added to The Rundown, RUN NORTH’s monthly newsletter along with ProSource’s email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.